Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Crashed Down - Defeating The Spirit of Busyness

I crashed down and I tumbled, but I did not crumble! I got through all the pain! I didn't know my own strength - Whitney Houston

The words above came back to my remembrance after several weeks of crashes, stumbles and tumbles. Initially when I heard the song, I loved it because I could personally relate to every word of it. However, the more I listened, the more I began to realize that perhaps the reason for the crashes and the tumbles was that I was trying to walk it out "in my own strength".  In the song, our beloved Whitney says her faith kept her alive, and I believe that, I am a witness that faith in God sustains!  But I couldn't help thinking, but what keeps us from the crashes and the tumbles? And then I read this:

"He hath shown thee, O man, what is good and what doth the Lord requires of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with thy God" -Micah 6:8


The scripture above says "to walk humbly". It does not say, "run humbly".

Are you as challenged by this as I am. Has your life become a whirlwind of "busyness"?

Once again I found my self going at break-neck speed, rushing and running through life to get to "the next thing", trying to be all, do all and have all. Because I was going in my own strength, I came face to face with my own frailty and mortality, a broken ankle and a totaled vehicle can take you there.

But because He loves me, God ministered to me this, "apart from me, you can do nothing! Continuing to do it in your own strength is to fail!"

Today, to defeat the spirit of busyness, I choose to "WALK" humbly with my God! How about you?

1 comment:

Coach J Dianne Tribble said...

Thank you for sharing. This is an on time word of encouragement to me today. I also strive to get things done according to my timing, when it's God's timing which will bring you and me true success. Busyness is under my feet. I'm learning to rest more in Him which causes me to flow more in the things of God.